What to Do Following A Water Damage
SERVPRO of Windham & Windsor Counties is ready to assist at your commercial or residential property in the event you experience a water damage emergency. We're but a phone call away and will be on-site quickly to begin water mitigation services.
Once that call is made to our staff of emergency restoration professionals, here are a few recommendations that can help to limit further damage, while our team is in route to your property.
- Whenever possible, shut off the water source.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Remove oriental or other colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Do NOT use a regular vacuum to remove water.
- Do not leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpeting.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Please contact us for more tips on what to do following a water damage emergency. At SERVPRO of Windham & Windsor Counties we're here to help!